This project is read-only.

Team Build integration

Topics: User Forum
May 5, 2008 at 6:29 PM
Does this also work for Team Build integration? For example, in a TFSBuild.proj file, there is a RunTests property, which when set to True, will run the tests and publish the results as part of the build report. By default, this only works with MSTest tests.
It would be a great help if Team Build could also recognize non-MSTest tests.
May 8, 2008 at 2:01 PM

joshuaflanagan wrote:
Does this also work for Team Build integration? For example, in a TFSBuild.proj file, there is a RunTests property, which when set to True, will run the tests and publish the results as part of the build report. By default, this only works with MSTest tests.
It would be a great help if Team Build could also recognize non-MSTest tests.

Yes it does (atleast in vs/TFS 2008).
If you have set up the project as instructed and added the .nunit file, then you can select the tests when you create the TFSBuild.proj file.
This will set the <RunTest>True</RunTest> and add an ItemGroup representing the test assemblies to run (in my case)
<ItemGroup>
<TestContainer Include="$(OutDir)\%2a.Test.dll" />
</ItemGroup>
Jun 9, 2008 at 8:17 AM
Hello,

I have a Team-Build-Server without any components like Visual Studio and get an Error: "Could not load file or assembly Mirosoft.VisualStudio.Shell 9.0... " while installing NunitForVS
It is possible that NunitForVS also works on machines without VisualStudio?

stmu
Jun 10, 2008 at 1:40 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2008 at 11:04 AM
The installation script requires the 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK' because it uses the tool regpkg of it. I think that tool will suffice.

Detlef

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:49 AM
To execute test at build time you need to install a tester or developer editions of Visual Studio on your build machine. This is also true for MS Tests.
Setup of NUnitForVS includes already regpkg. So you don't actually need to install VS SDK.

stmu wrote:
Hello,

I have a Team-Build-Server without any components like Visual Studio and get an Error: "Could not load file or assembly Mirosoft.VisualStudio.Shell 9.0... " while installing NunitForVS
It is possible that NunitForVS also works on machines without VisualStudio?

stmu